Information We Collect
We collect information about you in these ways: (1) from your input through our web forms, other badge scanners, app forms and other mechanisms, (2) from third-party sources, and (3) through automated technologies.
Data You Provide To Us
The types of personal information that we collect directly from you depends on how you interact with us and the Service and may include:
- Contact details, such as name, email address, postal address, social media handle and phone number;
- Account login credentials, such as username and password, password hints and similar security information;
- Other account or event registration and profile information, such as educational, employment and professional background, dietary and accessibility requirements, and photo;
- Payment information, such as credit or debit card number;
- Biometric information, whereabouts, etc.
- Comments, feedback and other information you provide to us, including information that you send to customer support and messages, appointment inquiries and other information that you wish us to share with our exhibitors, visitors, partners and others;
- Data revealing health, disability, religion, or nationality, as part of a request for special assistance or dietary requirements or in a medical emergency;
- Interests and communication preferences, including matchmaking, event planning, networking choices and preferred language.
To protect the safety and wellbeing of event participants, we may conduct disease prevention measures, which may include collection of health data through temperature screening, test-and-trace with the relevant health authority, monitoring for visible symptoms, or referral to quarantine or medical personnel.
Data From Other Sources
We also may obtain personal information about you from our affiliated companies and from other third parties, including:
- Service providers that help us determine a location based on your IP address in order to customise certain products to your location;
- Partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities;
- Social networks when you grant permission to the Service to access your data on one or more networks;
- Publicly-available sources and data suppliers from which we obtain data to validate or supplement the information we hold.
Data From Service Use or Participation
Our Service may automatically collect information about how you and your device interact with the Service, including:
- Computer, device and connection information, such as IP address, browser type and version, operating system, platform and other software installed on your device, unique device identifier and other technical identifiers, error reports and performance data;
- Usage data, such as the features you used, the settings you selected, your URL click stream data, including date and time stamp and referring and exit pages, and pages you visited on the Service;
- For location-aware Services, your location data, such as where you are located on the event floor.
You can control cookies through your browser’s settings and other tools. However, if you block certain cookies, you may not be able to register, login, or access certain parts or make full use of the Service. For more details, visit the cookie notice of the Service.
You can control or limit location data collected through mobile applications by changing your preferences in your device’s location services preferences menu or through your choices regarding the use of Bluetooth and other network interfaces you may use to interact with our Service. However, use of RFID technologies, such as in wristbands, may be necessary for you to access certain events.
We also collect footage and imagery captured through recording, photography, or CCTV at events, offices and other locations.
How We Use Your Information
Depending on how you interact with us and the Service, we use your personal information to:
- Provide, activate and manage your access to and use of the Service, including your attendance or participation at events;
- Process and fulfil a request, order, download or other transaction;
- Provide customer, technical, product and other support and to help keep the Service working, safe and secure;
- Enhance and improve the Service and our other products and services and to develop new products, services and benefits;
- Offer you customised content and other personalisation to make the Service more relevant to your interests and geography;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments and concerns;
- Notify you about changes, updates and other announcements related to the Service and our other products and services;
- Deliver targeted advertisements, event messages, service messages, notices, and other information about products, events and services of ours, our affiliates and third parties, such as exhibitors, sponsors, licensees and media partners;
- Invite you to participate in user testing and surveys as well as sweepstakes, competitions, audience voting, and similar promotions or activities;
- Identify usage trends and develop data analysis, including for purposes of research, audit, reporting and other business operations, including determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and evaluating our business performance;
- Support health and safety at our events;
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- provide relevant networking, speaker sessions, presentations, and exhibitor product recommendations as part of our event matchmaking services based on the preferences and interests you provide during your registration, your interactions on our websites, platforms, and at our events;
- include in participant directories to provide visitors, exhibitors, and sponsors names and business contact details of those attending the event.
Sharing of Your Information
Our Service Providers
Depending on the Service provided, we share personal information with:
- RSE, our affiliates, and certain companies that provide technology, customer service and other shared services functions;
We share your personal information with our affiliates and with exhibitors, sponsors, media partners, partners and other third parties, including entities for which we are acting as an agent, licensee or event manager, that wish to send you information about their products and services that may be of interest to you, as determined by your choices in managing your communications preferences and other settings.
The Service may be included in conference proceedings or forum presentation materials, that let you create your profile and post and share personal information, comments, materials and other content to help others connect with you. Any such contributions you disclose publicly may be collected and used by others, may be indexed by search engines, and might not be able to be removed.
The Service may enable you to share your virtual 'business card' information with an exhibitor, sponsor or association by scanning your event ID badge on a badge-scanning device at a booth or other event location. This also allows you to receive their product or service details directly to the email address you provide.
When entering a virtual space, zone, or room at an event, your registration details may be shared with other attendees including the sponsor, exhibitor or event co-organizer to facilitate event networking, real-time video conferencing, online chats, and/or virtual business card drops, subject to additional notices.
When redeeming a voucher or invite to attend any of our events courtesy of our exhibitors, sponsors or partners, we will share your registration details with the exhibitor, sponsor or partners for billing and/or marketing related purposes.
We will disclose your personal information if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or other legal obligation;
- detect, investigate and help prevent security, fraud or technical issues;
- protect the rights, property, health or safety of RSE, our users, employees or others;
and as part of a corporate transaction, such as a transfer of assets or an acquisition by or merger with another company.
Editorial Content and Event Presentations
Where you submit content, such as write an article or produce a video, for any of our magazines or other products, or speak at one of our events, we will process some additional personal information about you, including:
· professional biography or profile, produced or approved by you, that may contain your image, likeness, or voice, which may be published and made available to our subscribers, event audiences, or published online via our websites and social media channels for promotional purposes; and
· internal editorial, reviewer, commentary, or feedback.
To help improve the diversity of our editorial content and event panels, we may ask you to provide, on an entirely voluntary basis, demographic data such as age, gender, disability, nationality.
As part of our event concierge services for our hosted buyers, we may need to collect government identification information, such as passport and visa details, as well as any relevant health and disability information to ensure all accommodation and dietary requirements are met. This information may be provided to our local agents to secure the most suitable services based on their expert local knowledge. Where this is relevant, we would usually require your consent. However, there are some limited situations where this will not occur such as in a medical emergency.
Participants, nominees, and sponsors of industry award ceremonies we host are invited to participate through the submission of award nominations, organisational reviews or award ceremony attendance. All nominations and organisational reviews are only used in the administration of the awarding process.
Cross-border transfers of your personal information
If we process your personal information on the basis of your consent, you further consent to us transferring your personal information overseas as such processing may be necessary.
Your Communications and Matchmaking Preferences
You can customise and manage your communications preferences and other settings when you register with the Service, by updating your account features and preferences, by using the ‘opt-out’ or unsubscribe mechanism or other means provided within the communications that you receive, or by contacting us. We reserve the right to notify you of changes or updates to the Service whenever necessary.
You can opt-out of personalised matches and instead receive recommendations based on our most popular results, [by selecting 'opt-out' during the registration process, unsubscribing via any subsequent emails, or by contacting us through the contact address provided below].
The Service may allow you to directly access and review your account, profile and participant directory information and make corrections, updates or deletions at any time. Keeping such information up to date is solely your responsibility. You may also close your account, delete your profile or remove your participant directory information through the Service or by contacting the Service’s customer support.
You may have the right under European and certain other privacy and data protection laws, as applicable, to request free of charge:
- access to and correction or deletion of your personal information;
- restriction of our processing of your personal information; and
- portability of your personal information.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us through the contact details provided below. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable laws. To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to verify your identity.
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the Service and fulfil the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, maintaining business and financial records, resolving disputes, maintaining security, detecting and preventing fraud and abuse, and enforcing our agreements.
Children’s Online Privacy
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 14 or target the Service to children under 14.
We take precautions to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction using appropriate technical and organisational measures.
Locations of Processing
Your personal information may be stored and processed in your region or another country where RSE affiliates and their service providers maintain servers and facilities. We take steps, including through contracts, intended to ensure that the information continues to be protected wherever it is located in a manner consistent with the standards of protection required under applicable law.
Grounds for Processing
When we collect from you any personal information within the scope of European data protection laws, we do so:
- where necessary to provide the Service, fulfil a transaction or otherwise perform a contract with you or at your request prior to entering into a contract;
- where necessary for our compliance with applicable law or other legal obligation;
- where necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest;
- where necessary in order to protect your or another person’s vital interests;
- where applicable, with your consent;
- as necessary to operate our business, protect the security of our systems, customers and users, detect or prevent fraud, enable our customers to comply with legal obligations, or fulfil our other legitimate interests as described in the “Information We Collect”, “How We Use Your Information” and “Sharing of Your Information” clauses above, except where our interests are overridden by your privacy rights.
Where we rely on your consent to process personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, and where we rely on legitimate interests, you may have the right to object to our processing.
Our address: Floor B15, Ping An International Financial Center, No. 1-3 Xinyuan South Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing.
This Cookie Statement describes how Reed Sinopharm Exhibitions use "cookies" or similar technologies on our website, applications and other services (all referred to as "Services") to help understand how you interact with our products, personalize advertising and improve user experience on our site and other sites, and allow you to use certain features, such as sharing content through social networks or other communication channels.
This Statement also describes how third parties may use such technologies in connection with the operation of our Services.
1. About this Cookie Statement
This Cookie Statement applies when you use any of our services to which we refer or link to this Statement. Additional Cookie Statements or Terms may be available in certain areas of the Services or during your interaction with us to supplement this Statement.
Cookies are small pieces of data (text files) placed on your computer or device by a website you visit or an application you use. Cookies are widely used to enable websites and applications to function or function more efficiently and to help them remember certain information about you for the duration of your visit (using "session" cookies) or during repeated visits (using "persistent" cookies).
Below is an overview of the first- and third-party cookies we use on our Services. We regularly scan the Services through our cookie scanning tool to maintain the accuracy of our listings as much as possible. We divide cookies into the following categories:
• Strictly Necessary Cookies
• Functional cookies
• Performance Cookies
• Targeting cookies
3. The categories of cookies used in this website are as follows:
• Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies do not store any directly identifiable information. However, they are required to support the operation of the service. These cookies are generally set only in response to actions you make that amount to a service request, such as setting privacy preferences, logging in or filling out forms. You can set your browser to block or warn about these cookies, but without these cookies some or all of the services you request may not function properly.
• Performance Cookies: This category is an analytics and research cookie that is used for visit counting and traffic measurement so that we can measure and improve service performance. These cookies also help us understand which pages are the most and least popular, and how visitors navigate our website or application. This allows us to improve the way the Services work and the user experience. All information collected by these cookies will be processed in aggregate and anonymized form. You can set your browser to block or alert on these cookies. Setting it to block will not affect the service provided to you.
• Functionality cookies: These cookies allow our Services to provide enhanced functionality and a personalized experience, such as remembering choices you make and your account preferences, and providing more personalized enhancements. These cookies may be set by us or by third-party providers of services added to our pages. You can set your browser to block or warn about these cookies, but without these cookies some or all of the services you request may not function properly.
• Targeting cookies: These files or codes may be added to our website, email or mobile application by us directly or by advertising partners to record your interactions with us and help us better analyze and improve the services we provide to you, and use the resulting information to make the website and any advertising displayed to you more relevant to your interests. You can set your browser to block or alert on these cookies. Blocking will not affect the service provided to you, but it will limit the delivery of targeted advertising to you and affect our ability to tailor your site experience to your needs.
You can modify your choice to opt out of accepting all types of cookies (except strictly necessary categories) through the "Cookie Preference Center" in the footer of the respective website.
You can also select settings in your browser's privacy preferences menu to set your browser not to accept certain cookies, to require your browser to ask your consent before storing new cookies, or to block all cookies.
The following links can help you find relevant settings for some common browsers (please note that we are not responsible for the content of external websites):
• Manage cookie settings for Chrome, Chrome Android and Chrome iOS
• Manage cookie settings for Safari and Safari iOS
• Manage Firefox's cookie settings
• Manage Internet Explorer cookie settings
• Manage Opera's cookie settings
For all other browsers or alternative devices, visit your browser settings, your device's user manual, or online help files for assistance.
5. Third Party Advertising and Content Services
Opting out of advertising cookies does not remove advertisements from the pages you visit; rather, it means that the advertisements you will see may not match your interests.